Saturday, April 03, 2004

Artichokes again, illustrated

This week I had more artichokes and used the pressure cooker again. This time I simplified a little and it was even better.

2 artichokes, lower leaves trimmed and stem cut to 1" and peeled

1 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. dried thyme
1/2 - 3/4 C. of white wine

Brown the garlic and thyme in the oil, one minute or less. Add the wine and arrange the artichokes on a rack.

Here's a shot of the artichokes ready to cook.



Pressure cook for 10-12 minutes (I went ten, but I think I like a little more done). Let sit to depressurize.

Make a sauce from 2 T. melted butter and 2 T. of the cooking liquid. Simmer for 3-5 minutes to reduce a little.

Pour a little of the sauce on the artichokes. Serve with the remaining butter on the side and a bread and cheese plate--and lots of napkins.

Verdict: A
Credits: Continued tinkering with the basic instructions at Gourmet Sleuth
Leftovers? No

No comments: