Sunday, April 04, 2004

Rainbow Trout and Red Cabbage

I made this trout recipe last year and it was tasty (I love trout) but with regular cabbage and it was a little colorless. So with the red cabbage in the box, I tried it again.

Here's the primary ingredients. Yeah, they sold me the heads and tails at Gourmet Garage. I wasn't expecting that.

Ingredients

Cooking up in the pan. These were large trout.

Trout in pan

Plated with the cabbage and a glass of wine. Yes, I drink red with fish. Basically, I drink red with everything.

Trout plated

Verdict: B
Credits: Trout with Peppercorn Crust, Bacon and Red Cabbage at Epicurious
Leftovers? Yes, plenty. I took the fish off the skin and refrigerated two portions. Splash a little rice vinegar and eat cold the next day.

Notes: The fish were large and I used the whole cabbage, which was more than 2 cups and a small bunch of onions rather than just two.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I over nice post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to review the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I about the post should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I contemplate the brief should secure more info then it has.